Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stakeholder Analysis


            In my research there have been many voices, from nurses to pharmacists. I feel my research has equal importance because each piece is unique in their own way. I have researched my stakeholder’s to see how interested they are in the subject and their credibility.

My first stakeholder I researched was Ann Maradiegue. When researching Ann I learned that she is a professor at George Mason University, she is not only a professor but also a nurse practitioner who works in primary care. Ann’s primary interest of research is family history, the genetics/genomics of mental health, and the nursing profession knowledge of genetics/genomics in clinical practice. She makes a good stakeholder because she is highly qualified in the medical field to make claims, she has also been in the field longer than HIPPA has been around so she is very informed and knows how it has changed over the years, and the important issue in her research is how HIPPA has affected adolescents.

            Another important source I came across was how HIPPA affects research. The author of this source is  Deidre D. Wipke-Tevis. She is a very credible stakeholder, holding a PhD, she is a Registered Nurse director, PhD Program Associate Professor of University of Missouri. One of the reasons I chose to research this particular stakeholder is because she does a huge amount of research, so she is very aware and educated on the HIPPA law, and I could look at other research she has completed for further research on my issue.

            All in all, most of my stakeholder’s held PhD’s and have completed a numerous amount of research, and have won many awards for their research. I also had an opportunity to look at some of their research in other areas of study.

 

 

Works Cited

"Ann Maradiegue." Faculty and Staff. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2012.<http://chhs.gmu.edu/faculty-and-staff/maradiegue.cfm>.

 

"Sinclair School of Nursing." Nursing.missouri.edu/faculty. Sinclair School of Nursing, n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2012. <http://nursing.missouri.edu/faculty/faculty-profiles/wipketevisd/index.php>.

No comments:

Post a Comment